The Horse Riders’ Code of Conduct
By continuing you accept the Horse Riders’ Code of Conduct.
- I understand that riding at any standard has inherent risk and that all horses may react unpredictably on occasions.
- I may fall off and could be injured. I accept that risk.
- I understand that instructions are given for my safety and agree to follow instructions given to me by staff and instructors at the riding school.
- I reserve the right not to ride a horse allocated to me and may request a change of instructor.
- I understand that wearing an appropriate riding hat and body protector may reduce the severity of an injury should an accident happen and agree that I will always wear a riding hat that meets current British Standards whilst riding, leading and grooming horses at the riding school. I understand it is my choice whether or not I wear a body protector
I understand that the riding school will make decisions based on information I give
them and agree to always be honest and volunteer information about:
- my abilities and riding experience
- any previous riding accidents
- any medical condition(s) which may affect my ability to ride
- I understand that children are at particular risk around horses and agree that I will keep any children that I am responsible for, under close supervision when they are not being instructed by the riding school.
- I understand that the riding school may refuse my request to ride for safety and operational reasons.
- I understand that competing carries enhanced risk over and above general riding and agree that if I chose to participate in any competition or event, it is up to me to ensure that I have the experience and ability to ride the course including any jumps which form part of it. If I am in any doubt, I will use my judgement and experience and not enter.
Please note, we have a strict weight limit of 13.5stone (85KG)